Battery Gardens Wedding!
We here at The Remixologists pride ourselves on being able to multitask. We like to believe that we can do anything for any couple that calls on us. We’ve been DJ’s, emcees, bakers, photographers, audio technicians, video specialists…we even once had a DJ who decided he wanted to be both the DJ and the groom (*ahem* Taiga). Well, I (9-Volt) decided to add to that list by attempting the Best Man/DJ combo/Emcee for my college roommate, Gary’s, Battery Gardens Wedding. Fortunately, rather than leave me to attempt this insanity, DJ Mike was able to come up and handle the DJ/Emcee responsibilities so that I could focus on being the best Best Man I could be (and honestly, we’re all glad he did).
Susan and Gary were married on August 11th at the Battery Gardens in New York City. Though the dancing was cut a bit short, DJ Mike was able to rock the crowd with a mix of Motown and Top 40. In fact, despite only being able to spin for about 40 minutes, DJ Mike kept everyone on the floor the entire time, so 40 minutes felt like 2 hours.
I’ve decided to dedicate Volume 40 of the DJ 9-Volt collection to Susan and Gary. I recorded it in the studio as though it was me who spun the wedding. The first few tracks were the entrance songs for the Bridal Party and the final song was the couple’s first dance. The mix’s title, “Music, Joy, and Love” is a nod to the toast I delivered in their honor. Check out the mix and more pictures from the wedding below!
Congratulations, Susan and Gary. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day.. Go Quakers!
1. Gonna Fly Now – DeEtta Little
2. Ted Interlude 1 – Seth McFarlane
3. Let’s Get it Started – Black Eyed Peas
4. You Sexy Thing – Hot Chocolate
5. December 1963 (Oh What a Night) – The Four Seasons
6. Let’s Get Married – Jagged Edge ft. Jermaine Dupree
7. Apache – Sugar Hill Gang
8. Rock With You – Michael Jackson
9. I Wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
10. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
11. Like a Virgin – Madonna
12. Fallin’ for You – Colby Caillat
13. Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
14. Broken Hearted – Karmin
15. Starships – Nicki Minaj
16. Titanium – David Guetta ft. Sia
17. We Are Young – Fun. ft. Janelle Monae
18. Your Love is My Drug – Ke$ha
19. Domino – Jessie J.
20. Firework – Katy Perry
21. Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
22. Party Rock Antehm – LMFAO
23. You Belong With Me – Taylor Swift
24. Humpty Dance – Digital Underground
25. I Wanna Sex You Up – Color Me Badd
26. Boyfriend – Justin Bieber
27. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
28. Favorite DJ – - Clinton Sparks ft. Jermaine Dupree and DJ Class
29. Go DJ Interlude – Lil’ Wayne
30. Ted Interlude 2 – Seth MacFarlane
31. How Sweet It Is – James Taylor
32. Ted Interlude 3 – Seth MacFarlane